https://www.banisternutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BN_logo_650x156.png 0 0 admin https://www.banisternutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BN_logo_650x156.png admin2013-07-30 21:45:002017-01-12 10:47:34Diabetes- Tips For Healthier Eating Before and After Events
- Plan ahead. Have a general idea of what you will eat.
- Be proactive. Browse the Web for recipe makeovers and read diabetes magazines for modified recipes.
- Plan time fore exercise. Go out for a walk the day of a gathering or event.
- Avoid sitting or standing near the food at get-togethers or parties.
- Avoid fasting all day or skipping meals in order to save calories for a gathering.
- Never arrive hungry to an event. Take the edge off you hunger with a piece of fruit and low-fat cheese stick or a small handful of nuts.
- Eat only special foods. Stay away from common foods such as potato chips, crackers, fatty dips, bread, cheeses, etc., and other foods that are not carb or fat-smart.
- Wait about three hours after the meal before eating the dessert you brought.
- Avoid seconds. Eat slowly. Fill up on vegetables.
- Savor the music and the guests at the party rather than focusing on the food.
Posted by: SSG
Source: Diabetes & You magazine, Fall 2013